DockView for macOS Dock
DockView is a utility that adds a preview of the windows of the selected application in the macOS Dock. You just need to bring the mouse to its icon and thumbnails of all its windows will appear. By clicking on the one you need, you will immediately go to it. Through Window Thumbnails, you can quickly close, minify and manage windows.
- Fast switching between windows of the selected application
- Window management (minimize, de-minimize, close)
- DockView doesn’t modify the Dock or any system file.
- More coming soon …
DockView as opposed to ActiveDock, uBar App, and other similar applications, is not an alternative to macOS Dock, but a convenient addition to the Apple Dock. However, DockView does not modify or alter macOS. But:
– DockView needs to be authorized to use Accessibility Services to be able to switch applications windows.
– DockView needs to be authorized to use a Screen Recording to be able to get the window titles and create Window Previews in the Window Preview panel.
With Window Previews feature you can quickly find the window you need, switch between windows or place windows to the front of the screen.
Many years ago, I used an application called HyperDock, but then problems started, HyperDock was not updated, the developer did not answer emails (this is also often written to me by my clients, and on the forums, I often see “HypperDock not working”) … Except, also, the standard Dock from Apple has several disadvantages (see ActiveDock) … Therefore, I decided to write an alternative to Apple Dock and partly an alternative to HypperDock. Now, this is my most popular application. But I often get emails from my clients who do not need a complete Apple Dock replacement, they want to use the ActiveDock capabilities with the Apple Dock … I thought: why not? I Can Do It …
Requirement: macOS 10.12 or later, runs on macOS Big Sur, Universal build for Apple Silicon (M1) and Intel