Groups and Folders (Folder View)
Working with elements is radically simplified with Activedock 2. Most of the actions can be directly performed from the Activedock panel (using contextual menu) or by dragging (Drag and Drop) elements from the Finder.
Folders (Folder View)
Folders (Folder View) display the contents of a folder on your Mac.
When you add a Folder to the ActiveDock panel, the contents of the Folder remain in their original place, the elements are not transferred (not saved) to the ActiveDock repository.
Adding Folders to ActiveDock
Option 1: Add Folders by dragging and dropping items from the Finder
– open Finder
– select the desired item and just drag it to the ActiveDock panel
Option 2: Adding Folders from the ActiveDock Context Menu
Right-click (or two-click on the MacBook Touchpad) or Command + Click on any icon in ActiveDock (using contextual menu) then “Add Items to Panel”=> “Add Files/Folders”
In the dialog that appears, select the folder you need and click Open
The folder will be added to the ActiveDock panel
Groups (Virtual Folders)
Groups (virtual folders) contain links to any added items (files, folders, documents, applications)
Adding Groups to ActiveDock
– Right-click (or two-click on the MacBook Touchpad) or Command Click on any icon in ActiveDock
– In the context menu, select “Add Items to Panel” => “Add Group”
– The folder will be added to the ActiveDock panel, click to display the contents and then click + to add items to the Group
– in the dialog that appears, select the elements you want to add to the group
Change name or icon of an item/group in ActiveDock
to change the name of the Group or Icon, open the group and click on the settings button
in the dialog that appears, you can enter the Group Name or Change the Group Icon